It's officially June, and that means it's time for trips to the beach, vacations to tropical destinations, wedding and graduation ceremonies, and road trips through hot arid climates. Of course you want to look your best along the way, so avoid melting sweaty makeup, and be prepared for whatever summer throws at you!
Don't be a hot mess this season, try our top six tips for perfectly sunny Summer Makeup:
- Set Your Look with Makeup Setting Spray: Urban Decaymakes an affordable makeup setting spray ideal for travel called All Nighter. Hold the spray 10" from your face and spray in an X pattern, and then a T pattern, totaling about 6 squirts. Make sure your setting spray is oil free especially for summertime use.
- Waterproof Mascara: Waterproof mascara is ideal for trips to the beach, water-parks, and pool parties, apply several coats to the upper and lower lash-lines for a full dramatic summer look. Beware that this product won't come off without makeup remover or wipes. Also, never sleep in waterproof mascara as it gets harder and harder, and by morning will feel like cement on your eyes. Remove before bed gently with makeup remover.We love Diorshow's Waterproof mascara for natural volume and all day wear.
- Long-wearing Lipstick or Lip-liner: Longwearing lipsticks will keep your look fresh all day long. Our artists highly recommend liquid lipsticks for all day wear, and one of our favorites at the moment is Butter London's liquid lipstick.
- Sun-kiss Your Skin: Let's face it, turkeys look better cooked, but you don't want to damage your skin to get that summer glow. Try cult favorite Guerlain Tera Cotta for that natural glow from within look.
- Fearless Foundations: The trick for foundations, cover-ups, and concealers in the summer is to use lighter foundations that let your skin breathe. Heavier based foundations will look cakey as soon as temperatures rise. We love Clarin's Everlasting Foundation and Compact.
- Always carry blotting sheets & makeup removing wipes: Never be caught of guard without these two essentials in your purse. Use the blotting pads to absorb sweat by dabbing them onto your skin in sweat zones, never use a wiping motion when blotting to avoid removing makeup, the goal is simply to dry sweat. Try e.l.f. professional shine eraser blotting sheets and for makeup removing wipes try Neutrogena Make-Up Removing Cleansing Towelettes.
Don't melt like a snow-cone in a sun-room this season, try our easy and affordable tips to keep you looking hot even in the hottest weather. All cosmetics mentioned above can be purchased at Wemakebeauty. To really bullet-proof your makeup for your next summer event, contact us today for all of your on-demand professional hair and makeup service needs this summer!